The Inclusive Excellence Strategic Planning Workgroup is pleased to announce that the University Strategic Planning Group, Senior Leadership Team, and University Board of Directors have approved a final version of the 2018-2020 Strategic Plan for Inclusive Excellence to be implemented immediately as a constitutive part of the University 5-year strategic plan Promise & Prominence.
The final version of the plan is available here:
Implementation of the plan is ongoing for the 2018-19 academic year. Periodic reports on plan implementation and progress are posted below.
The Inclusive Excellence Strategic Planning Workgroup thanks all members of the University community for their participation in community fora, feedback sessions, and focus groups. This plan could not have achieved its shape without the broad support and thoughtful feedback from students, faculty, staff and alumni.
Your participation has already helped us to develop this plan and we are glad for your continued support as we become a more diverse, inclusive, equitable and welcoming place to live, work and study. Thank you for joining us on this aspirational journey.
Members of the 2017-2018 Inclusive Excellence Strategic Planning Workgroup:
- Medora Barnes, Associate Professor, Dept. of Sociology & Criminology; Faculty Council Representative
- Leslie Beck, Human Resources Coordinator
- Emmanuel (Mannie) Brown ’19, Student Union Vice President for Diversity and Inclusion
- Sloan Cargill, Assistant Director of Annual Giving, University Advancement
- Sherri Crahen, Dean of Students; UCSLE Representative
- Thea Ford, Associate Professor of Education; Faculty of Color Organization representative
- Graciela Lacueva, Associate Dean for Science, Health and Mathematics, College of Arts and Sciences
- Stacey Love, Assistant Vice President for Enrollment Outreach and Student Success
- Ed Peck, Vice President for University Mission and Identity (chair)
- Salomón Rodezno, Director, Center for Student Diversity and Inclusion
- Gail Roussey, Assistant Director of Campus Ministry; Staff Council Representative
- Zeki Saritoprak, Nursi Chair in Islamic Studies; Faculty Council Representative
- David Shutkin, Associate Professor, Dept. of Education and School Psychology; UCSLE Representative
- Walter Simmons, Associate Dean, Boler School of Business
- Kendra Svilar, Interim Title IX Coordinator and Investigator
- Kristen Tobey, Assistant Professor, Dept. of Theology & Religious Studies; Chair, Faculty Council Committee on Gender and Diversity
- Martivias Walker ’20, Black Students in Action Representative
- Megan Wilson-Reitz, Administrative Coordinator for Diversity and Equity
A few documents from the community feedback process are linked below. To review additional documents or for more specific information about the development of the plan, please contact Megan Wilson-Reitz at firstname.lastname@example.org or any member of the working group.
- Community Forum on the Strategic Plan for Inclusive Excellence, Jan. 2018 — Slide Presentation
- Plan draft presented for Community Review, Jan. 2018
- Second plan draft presented for focus group review, March 2018
- Community feedback form, March 2018
Plan Implementation Updates:
Last updated: April 23, 2019