Healthy relationships are built on solid foundations. The building blocks of these foundations include:
Building a strong foundation:
- Have conversations with your partner about boundaries and expectations.
- Discuss what you are comfortable with and what makes you uncomfortable.
- Be sure to ask your partner about what makes them comfortable and what makes them uncomfortable.
- Expect that your partner will respect your boundaries.
- Respect your partner’s boundaries.
- Be sure to maintain a life outside of the relationship.