Ashley Aberl – Toledo, Ohio
- Undergraduate college, class, and major: John Carroll University ‘13, biology
Research intern/summer instructor, inner-city prep school; instructor, We the People program (teaching the Constitution to fifth grade students); instructor, religious education, elementary/middle school levels; high school tutor; member, Pre-Health Honor Society; recipient, Presidential Honors Award; athlete, Varsity Track and Field and Cross Country, former co-captain.
Cherise Johnson – Akron, Ohio
- Undergraduate college, class, and major: Roosevelt University ‘13, mathematics
Undergraduate researcher, mathematics; member of college honors program; peer instructor, first-year students; president of Alpha Phi Omega, national service fraternity; vice president, student government association; member of campus programming board.
Marjelo Mines – Garfield Heights, Ohio
- Undergraduate college, class, and major: Shaw University ‘03, biology/chemistry
- Graduate institution and degree: Meharry Medical College ‘09, Ph.D. (pharmacology)
Postdoctoral researcher on a given enzyme’s role in developmental disorders; recipient, NIH NRSA Postdoctoral Fellowship, University of Alabama at Birmingham; journal reviewer, CNS & Neurological Disorders – Drug Targets; National Dean’s List student; recipient, Coca-Cola Foundation First Generation Minority Scholarship for Females; member, Alpha Chi Honor society.
Victoria Moran – Cleveland Heights, Ohio
- Undergraduate college, class, and major: Wayne State University ‘10, biological sciences
- Graduate institution and degree: Case Western Reserve University ‘13, M.S. (genetics)
Graduate teaching assistant, cells and proteins lab; tutor, college chemistry, math, and physics; undergraduate and graduate researcher, molecular genetics; Macomb Community College Most Distinguished Graduate; recipient, Wayne State Presidential Scholar award; avid baker and food enthusiast.
Stacy Petrolewicz – Willowick, Ohio
- Undergraduate college, class, and major: Otterbein College ‘08, mathematics
Long-term substitute teacher, math; AVID tutor, at-risk high school students; Dean’s List student and math scholarship recipient, four years; supplemental instruction leader; counselor and wellness coordinator, pre-college summer orientations; City Year corps member working in high-need Cleveland school; church youth leader; elected member of four honoraries; service chair for campus sorority chapter.
Christine Ticknor – Lyndhurst, Ohio
- Undergraduate college, class, and major: Case Western Reserve University ‘91, biology
- Graduate institution and degree: Yale University, ‘01, Ph.D. (genetics)
Genetics researcher, 15 years’ experience in mouse genetics, botany, virology, and human colon cancer; manager, graduate education and research curriculum, with eight years’ experience developing new educational programs and advising students; volunteer, science content expert for the NEWTON Ask-A-Scientist program; instructor, NASA academy at local community college.