Check back spring 2016 to see the updates to the WGS requirements!
The WGS major has the flexibility that allows students to focus on a specific area of interest, or combine it as a second major with another area of study.
36 semester hours of coursework distributed in the following manner:
Three Women’s and Gender Studies (WG) courses (nine hours):
- WG 101. Introduction to Women’s and Gender Studies
- WG 301. Sex and Gender in a Global Context
- WG 450. Capstone & Internship: Integrating Theory and Practice
Nine additional courses, to be distributed as follows from the list of affiliated Women’s and Gender Studies courses :
- 3 courses (9 hours) from the Humanities
- 3 courses (9 hours) from the Social or Natural Sciences
- 3 courses (9 hours) of unrestricted credits
At least 9 of these 27 additional hours must be at the 300 or 400 level.