Students who have experienced sexual violence, relationship violence, and/or stalking, and their supportive friends/family members, may receive free advocacy, support, and crisis intervention at:
- Violence Prevention and Action Center (VPAC): 216.397.2175 (During business hours)
- Cleveland Rape Crisis Center: 216.619.6192 (24/7)
- Domestic Violence and Child Advocacy Center: 216.391.HELP (4357) (24/7)
Violence Prevention and Action Center (VPAC): VPAC coordinates an immediate and supportive response to incidents of interpersonal violence by providing a range of responses, including crisis intervention, safety planning, transportation, accompaniment to the hospital and/or to speak with law enforcement, assistance in obtaining a No Contact Directive and/or civil protection order/restraining order, resources/information, and referrals. Students can access these services by contacting the VPAC Program Coordinator at 216.397.2175.
Protective Measures: When the recipient of the behavior and the respondent participate in the same class(es) and/or reside in the same university residence or are in close proximity to one another (i.e. share the same athletic facilities, service sites, working situations, or transportation), the Dean of Students will consult with the appropriate individuals in making a determination regarding an appropriate alternative(s).
Students who have experienced sexual violence, relationship violence, and/or stalking, and their supportive friends/family members, may receive free and confidential counseling at the:
- University Counseling Center: 216.397.4283
- Cleveland Rape Crisis Center: 216.619.6192
- Domestic Violence and Child Advocacy Center: 216.391.HELP
University Counseling services are provided free of charge to students enrolled at the University. Information shared in counseling sessions and counseling records are kept confidential in accordance with Ohio state law and professional ethical standards. Services include:
- Individual counseling: Students can receive short-term, individual counseling support for a wide variety of issues and concerns.
- Consultation services: Faculty, staff, parents, and students who are concerned about someone else can consult with staff.
- Psychiatric services: A contracted psychiatrist is available at the counseling center every other week to provide assessment and medication monitoring for students engaged in counseling services.
- Referrals: We provide referral information and can help connect students to support services both on and off campus, including community agencies.
An appointment can be scheduled anytime Monday through Friday between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m by calling 216-397-4283. Emergency consultation time is offered each day to assist students experiencing an urgent concern or crisis.
To watch a video that describes the Cleveland Domestic Violence and Child Advocacy services in detail click here.