A minor in Theology and Religious Studies complements a wide variety of majors. You’ll have the opportunity to choose from courses in Scripture, the history of Christianity, theology, world religions, and religious ethics, among many other areas of study.
To learn more about a Theology and Religious Studies minor, including classes you will take, visit John Carroll’s Undergraduate Bulletin.
18 credit hours
- Three courses (9 credits), one each from three of the following areas:
- History of Christianity (TRS 220-229, 320-329)
- Systematic Theology (TRS 230-239, 330-339, 430-439)
- Scripture (TRS 200 or TRS 205)
- World Religions (Judaism – TRS 210-219, 310-319; Islam – TRS 240-249, 340-349; Asian Religions – TRS 250-259, 350-359)
- Religious Ethics (TRS 260-269, 360-369, 460-469)
- One upper-division elective
- Senior Seminar (TRS 493)
Courses in the Integrative Core Curriculum may be used to meet 200- and 300-level course requirements for the TRS minor.