Those wishing to apply to become a Tour Guide in the Office of Admission must:
- Be a full-time undergraduate student at John Carroll University.
- Be in good academic and disciplinary standing with the University.*
- Possess strong communication skills, work ethic, and leadership ability.
- Appreciate and promote diversity.
- Be able to work a minimum of 4 hours per week during standard business hours (8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.) in addition to several weekend commitments per semester.
* Tour guides must maintain a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA, and their grade point average will be reviewed each semester to ensure that academic performance is acceptable. Further, candidates will be asked in the application process if they have a student conduct record at John Carroll University and may be subject to a criminal background check prior to employment.