- All Tour Guides for the 2015-2016 academic year will be expected to attend the entirety of training week, with dates to be determined leading to the start of the fall semester. The week’s activities include both daytime and evening activities.
- Tour Guides who live on campus will be permitted to move in to their residence hall room early.
- Tour Guides are required to help with first-year student move-in.
- Tour Guides will be able to participate in “Living the Mission Day” activities as part of Streak Week for the incoming freshmen, but will not be able to serve as leaders for the Cleveland Neighborhood Project.
- In addition to various weekend obligations (typically 3-4 weekend days per semester):
- Rising sophomores and juniors will be expected to work approximately 6 hours per week.
- Rising seniors will be expected to work a minimum of 4 hours per week.
In addition, those who hold this position are expected to:
- Represent the university in a positive manner at all times.
- Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5.
- Interact appropriately with visitors, as well as members of the admission staff, faculty and other students.
- Possess an enthusiastic and proactive attitude towards opportunities to interact with visitors, provide tours when needed, and assist recruitment and admission staff with various projects.
- Follow proper procedures associated with work absences and vacation day requests as set forth by the supervisor.
- Other duties to support the goals of the enrollment division as assigned by the supervisor.