Our students not only graduate on-time, they are successful. Within six months of graduation, 98% of John Carroll students surveyed are either working full-time, part-time, in graduate school, or committed to volunteer or military service*.
In addition, John Carroll is consistently recognized as one of the top schools in the Midwest for academic quality, student retention, and graduation rates. For example, we hold elite AACSB accreditation status for both our Boler School of Business and its accountancy program (only 11 percent of business schools have earned accreditation at this level). Further, our four-year graduation rates significantly exceed the six-year graduation rate averages across Ohio and the U.S. (top seven in Ohio).
- Leadership: 500 companies in Northeast Ohio are owned or operated by John Carroll alumni.
- Service: 57,000+ service hours contributed by students each year, earning John Carroll the Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll from the President of the United States.
- #1 – Best Undergraduate Teaching-Midwest in U.S. News & World Report.
- #5 – Best Value Schools in U.S. News & World Report.
- #7 – Regional Universities-Midwest in U.S. News & World Report.
- Ranked #148 among America’s Best Colleges by Forbes Magazine
- One of 152 colleges ranked as “Best in the Midwest” (Princeton Review)
- “Best Buy” recognition from Barron’s.
- One of America’s Leading Universities, according to Forbes.
Although rankings are important, we judge our performance more by the character and success of our graduates. That is the recognition we truly celebrate, and we are proud of our students and alumni, and the contributions they make to society.
* Class of 2012, First Destination Survey