The Student Activity Fee Allocation Committee (SAFAC) will begin accepting on-line petitions for unused/unallocated SAF funds (see policy below) starting Wednesday, July 8, 2015. The deadline for petition submissions will be 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, July 22, 2015. Here are the guidelines:
- Student Affairs’ departments are highly encouraged to engage staff and students in discussions on petition submission ideas.
- Projects can be completed anytime during the 2015-2016 academic year, however special consideration will be given to petitions that support student engagement during the first six weeks of the fall semester.
- Successful petitions will demonstrate how the project will provide direct benefits to students including, but not limited to programs, services, events and activities.
- Projects must enrich the student experience, build community, and encourage students to live out the Jesuit mission to lead and to serve.
- Small capital petitions will be accepted.
- Petitions must also submit a detailed budget.
SAFAC will review all petitions and make approval recommendations to Dr. Mark McCarthy, Vice President for Student Affairs. Dr. McCarthy will review the recommendations by SAFAC and will make the final decision on all petitions. We anticipate sending out petition results in early August. Please contact Mary Ann Hanicak at email@example.com if you have any questions regarding this process.
POLICY ON UNUSED AND UNALLOCATED SAF FUNDS
- At the end of each fiscal year, if unused and unallocated funds are available, notification will be sent to Student Affairs’ departments regarding the petitioning process.
- Petitions are to be completed and submitted on-line to the SAFAC. The SAFAC is responsible for reviewing and recommending which petitions are to be funded to the Vice President for Student Affairs.
- The Vice President for Student Affairs makes the final decision on all petition requests. Notification is sent to the petitioning Student Affairs department.
- The petitioning process may continue until available funds have been allocated.
PETITION PROCESS TIMELINE
|July 8||E-mail notification sent to Student Affairs’ departments. The on-line petition submission form is on the Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs website.|
|July 22||On-line petitions due and SAFAC begins review process.|
|Early Aug.||SAFAC sends notifications regarding petition results.|