The Division of Student Affairs at John Carroll University offers programs and services that foster the development of individuals of intellect and character who will lead and serve by engaging the world around them and around the globe.
- Strengthen the sense of community by fostering a campus climate that is inclusive and enhancing the overall safety, health, and spiritual well-being of all students.
- Foster a more seamless and integrative learning environment through active collaboration with Academic Affairs and the design of programs that complement and contribute to shared learning outcomes related to diversity and inclusion, social responsibility, leadership and holistic development.
- Increase student engagement by promoting purposeful involvement with peers, faculty, staff, administrators, and community members
- Support student success through the design and delivery of high quality services and programs.
Informed by the Jesuit, Catholic mission of the University, the Division of Student Affairs is committed to the development of students and the campus community by:
- Collaborating with others to foster a vibrant, engaged, diverse, and inclusive learning community outside of the classroom.
- Providing and facilitating services, programs, and opportunities for student learning and leadership development in the service of others.
- Challenging students to act with integrity and compassion and to reflect on the implications of their actions on individual, communal and global scales.
- Assessing and advocating for the needs and development of students.