Here are key things organizations should do to be successful and active at JCU!
1. Review the resources/forms on this website.
2. Become familiar with the funding guidelines and policies for the Student Organization Budget Board (SOBB).
3. Set an organization meeting time and stick to it!
4. Delegate to members and make them feel included.
5. Keep your adviser in the loop.
6. Ask questions!
1. Complete any transition process as outlined by the office of student engagement.
2. Attend the iLead leadership training program.
3. Set up a consistent meeting time schedule.
4. Share yearly goals with adviser.
5. Put SOBB meetings and other deadlines on your calendar.
6. Attend the Student Union Inauguration and awards ceremony.
1. Mid-year check up – are you achieving your goals?
2. Update your adviser with your progress.
3. Complete reports as necessary.
4. Celebrate your successes!
1. Make sure you update the organization’s roster (see organization roster procedure on the website)
2. Recruit new members at the Student Involvement Fair (early Sept).
3. Share updates with your adviser.
1. Submit nominations for the “Of the Year” awards.
1. Conduct your organization election process as outlined in your constitution.