Here are basic things organizations should do to be successful and active at JCU!
1. Encourage your members to join your group on Lobo Link.
2. Complete your organization’s profile on Lobo Link.
3. Review the resources/forms on this website.
4. Become familiar with the funding guidelines and policies for the Student Organization Budget Board.
5. Set an organization meeting time and stick to it!
6. Delegate to members and make them feel included.
7. Keep your advisor in the loop.
8. Ask questions!
1. Complete officer transition form and any transition process as outlined by the office of student activities.
2. Attend the iLead 360 program.
3. Set up a consistent meeting time schedule.
4. Share yearly goals with advisor.
5. Put SOBB meetings and other deadlines on your calendar.
6. Attend the Student Union Inauguration and awards ceremony.
1. Mid-year check up – are you achieving your goals?
2. Update your advisor with your progress.
3. Complete reports as necessary (e.g. Late Night Programming Grant Event report).
4. Celebrate your successes!
1. Make sure you have updated your organization’s profile on Lobo Link (includes membership roster and constitution).
2. Recruit new members at the Student Involvement Fair (early Sept).
3. Invite new members to join your group on Lobo Link.
1. Submit nominations for the “Of the Year” awards.
2. Consider applying for a Late Night Programming Grant.
1. Complete your organization election process as outlined in your constitution.