The Division of Student Affairs encourages Late Night Programming as an opportunity to build a sense of community and for students to offer opportunities for students to engage one another during weekend nights. In an effort to increase late night programming, we are offering student groups and University departments the opportunity to apply for grants to help sponsor late night events that are open to the John Carroll University community.
Click here to apply for a Late Night Programming Grant.
Late Night Programming Grant Guidelines:
These guidelines cover all late night programming sponsored by student organizations at John Carroll University. There are additional stipulations outlined below for groups who receive Late Night Programming funds for their event.
- Grant-funded events are to be scheduled for Friday or Saturday nights.
- Grant-funded events should begin at 10 p.m. or later and not end before 1 a.m.
- Student organizations planning late night events must meet with the Director of Student Activities to go over event details at least two weeks before the event prior to the event being approved.
- Student organizations interested in applying for the Late Night Programming grant must submit applications at least two weeks before the event date.
- After a grant is reviewed by the Director of Student Activities, the grant is reviewed by the Late Night at Carroll team for approval.
- Grants are available to student groups and departments funding programs up to $500 (students have priority).
- No alcoholic beverages are to be served at late night events funded by grants.
- No fundraiser events will be funded by the grant to benefit either the student organization or any charitable organization.
- All events are to follow the guidelines of the Office of Student Activities.
- All groups are required to submit a Late Night Grant Event Report and Summary Form within one week of the event (can find these on the Late Night portal on OrgSync under “Tools” and “Forms”).
- There can be no admission charged to JCU students for attendance to events funded by the grant.
- Late Night Programming events are designed for John Carroll University students. Some exceptions for outside guests may be made upon approval of the Director of Student Activities.
- Depending on the nature of the event and the projected number of attendees, the organization may be required to hire security staff members to help manage/staff the event.
- Depending on the nature of the event, the organization may be required to have their advisor or another faculty, staff, or administrator present.
- Events are to be advertised and open to all JCU students.
- Student organizations must provide a detailed advertising plan with the grant form.
- The organization must indicate if the event has a co-sponsor and what its role is with the event.
- If the program is grant-funded, any costs to participants are required to be put toward the cost of the program.
Application Submission Process:
You can find the Late Night Programming Grant Request Form on Lobo Link under forms or click here.
You will be contacted to meet with the Director of Student Activities to review your request.
Event Evaluation/Summary Submission Process:
When your event is completed, the group must complete the Late Night Grant Report Form. Groups will not be eligible for additional grants until the report forms are completed.
For further information, please contact Lisa Ramsey, Director of Student Activities, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 216.397.4288.