Liaisons are like the yolk – the binding agent – that thickens a sauce and makes it what it is intended to be. Without them, a service experience, like a sauce without a yolk, are just ingredients in a bowl.
-Dr. Ed Peck, speaking to CSSA Student Liaisons in September 2015
The Center for Service and Social Action provides weekly service and one time service opportunities for John Carroll University students with more than 75 community partners throughout the greater Cleveland area. To facilitate these service opportunities, the CSSA office hires work study students to serve as Student Liaisons. As a CSSA representative, Student Liaisons serve as leaders to facilitate a positive service experience for their fellow JCU students.
Do you enjoy participating in service and interacting with students and the community? If so, become a CSSA Student Liaison for the 2014-2015 school year!
- Modeling engaged participation in service
- Leading and supporting students at the service site
- Representing CSSA to the community partners
- Facilitating reflection
- Transporting students to and from service sites.
- Embrace the JCU mission of being a “man or woman for others”
- Have a valid drivers license and a good driving record
- Complete a JCU van certification requirement
- Federal Work Study eligibility is preferred
Are you interested in becoming a CSSA Student Liaison? Please contact:
Maryellen Callanan, Associate Director, Center for Service and Social Action
Administration Building, Room 32
firstname.lastname@example.org or 216.397.2022