Ten Thousand Villages’ store in Cleveland Heights operates with the mission to create opportunities for artisans in developing countries to earn income by bringing their products and stories to our markets through long-term fair trading relationships.
Internship Length: 10-12 weeks, 12-20 hours/week; option to work remotely on some projects
General Position Description: Under the supervision of the Ten Thousand Villages Cleveland Heights Store Manager, the Marketing/Retail Intern provides assistance in Community Outreach, Social Media Support, Document Creation, Event Planning, and collaborating with our Marketing Committee.
Compensation: Internship is unpaid, but school credit is offered
- Represent Ten Thousand Villages by promoting events via booths/tables at festivals, fairs, and other events with high traffic to publicize our mission
- Special Event Planning i.e. Summer Fundraiser, 2nd Annual Fair Trade Rug Event, Ohio Fair Trade Expo
- Develop a final presentation that will be presented to Store Manager, Marketing Committee and Board of Directors
Qualifications for this Position:
- College level Junior or Senior Preferred
- Microsoft Suite Intermediate Knowledge, with emphasis on Word/Excel/PowerPoint; some graphic design
- Must work effectively and professionally with diverse groups, all levels of staff, community partners, and the public
- Self-directed with good coordination, planning and time management skills able to meet deadlines and achieve goals
- Quick, eager learner able to work independently and as part of a team
- Previous Retail Experience a Plus
Please provide a resume and references to the Ten Thousand Villages Store Manager at email@example.com.