- Shepherd Higher Education Consortium on Poverty at John Carroll University
- CSSA Internships: read on!
Applications are now open for Summer and Fall/Spring CSSA Internships!
Click here to read descriptions of each position:
- Summer 2017 Internship
- Fall 2017-Spring 2018 Internship I – Data & Analysis
- Fall 2017-Spring 2018 Internship II – Marketing & Reflection
Internship Learning Objectives:
- (Cognitive Development) To develop a working knowledge of planning and implementation processes, the importance of assignment tracking and completion.
- (General Skill Development) To gain skill in logistics, leadership and communication in written, interpersonal and presentation formats.
- (Personal Growth and Development) To build self confidence in a professional setting.
- GPA of 2.20 or higher.
- Academic status of sophomore or higher.
- Minimum of 135 hours per semester or over the summer.
- Internship may qualify for academic credit through a departmental internship requirement or through the Center for Career Services.
- Eligible for Lavelle Internship in Non-Profit organizations funding of up to to be applied to the student’s JCU account (for summer, will be applied to fall semester)
- Applications for Summer 2017 Internship are due by Wednesday, March 1 at 5:00 PM.
- Applications for Fall 2017-Spring 2018 Internships are due by Friday, March 31, at 5:00 PM.
(Current) Spring 2017 CSSA Interns:
Nicolette Bowersock ’18
Nicolette Bowersock is a junior from Ashland, Ohio, majoring in Education. As the Data & Analysis Intern, Nicolette enters, updates, and monitors CSSA attendance and registration data; cleans and analyzes survey results for CSSA events and processes; writes print newsletter articles; and assists with various workshops, special events, and substitute drives.
Catherine Looby ’17
Catherine Looby is a senior from the northern suburbs of Chicago, majoring in Psychology and minoring in both Peace, Justice, and Human Rights, and French. As the Marketing & Reflection Intern, Catherine tracks student reflection reading and flags issues for staff follow up; maintains the CSSA social media accounts; assists with the weekly e-newsletter; writes print newsletter articles; performs updates to CSSA’s website; and assists with various workshops, special events, and substitute drives.
Past CSSA Interns:
- Fall 2016: Nicolette Bowersock ’18 and Ciara Crossey ’17
- Summer 2016: Annmarie Kirchner ’17
- Spring 2016: Kaylee Quanbeck ’17 and Catherine Looby ’17
- Fall 2015: Kaylee Quanbeck ’17 and Catherine Looby ’17
- Summer 2015: Kate Finneran ’16
- Spring 2015: Marcus Owens ’15 and Andre Alamina ’18