The Center for Service and Social Action believes that service activities coordinated between our office, service participants (JCU students, staff, or alumni), community partners, and service-learning faculty members are most successful when all the parties involved have a clear understanding of the expectations associated with the service.
Service participants will:
- Enroll for service on the CSSA website.
- Complete the CSSA online Pre-Service Orientation and Quiz.
- Fulfill all mandatory requirements and/or training for your service activity (if any) by the deadline indicated.
- Participate in the service activity for which you have registered.
- Sign in/out on the Service Hour Tracking Sheet at your service site.
- Behave professionally: comply with the dress and conduct codes and respect the confidentiality standards of your site.
- Notify CSSA at firstname.lastname@example.org at least 24 hours in advance of an absence.
- Communicate with CSSA about your service experience.
The Center for Service and Social Action will:
- Support and facilitate all components of the service participant, faculty, and community partner relationship.
- Host and conduct pre-service orientation sessions for service participants.
- Provide access to all pre-requisite training and special testing.
- Coordinate service participants’ enrollment and registration for service via the online system.
- Provide transportation to and from most service sites.
- Track service hours for participants.
- Publicize service opportunities and provide service information through our website and monthly e-newsletter.
- Maintain regular contact with service participants.
- Seek and respond to feedback from service participants.