The Center for Service and Social Action recognizes our student staff who demonstrate leadership and significant commitment that advances the mission of John Carroll University in developing men and women for others through service.
Congratulations to Ty McTigue, Katie Traush, and John Brady ’14 and Liz Malloy ’15 for winning the first Student Staff Awards in 2013-2014! All four students have exemplified leadership and service through their work with We the People, Boler Community Day, Jesuit Day of Service, and more.
We expect that student staff will display commitment through dependability (completing all service assignments with rare cancellations) and a high level of engagement with peers and community members.
The award will be given based on the following criteria:
- Evidence of significant initiative; going above and beyond the minimum responsibilities
- Demonstrated leadership; the ability to prepare and motivate fellow JCU students
- Proactive thinking to enhance the service experience on and off campus
- A positive attitude that is recognized by community partners and JCU peers
- Dependability; can be counted on for all service assignments with rare cancellations
- Meaningful contributions to the community service initiatives undertaken by CSSA and the University
- Commitment to the JCU and CSSA Mission
Candidates may be nominated by the staff in the Center for Service and Social Action, peers, JCU faculty/staff, and community partners. Selection will be made by the Director of CSSA and CSSA Advisory Committee members. The recipient will receive recognition on a perpetual plaque that hangs in the CSSA office and on the CSSA website, as well as an award certificate to keep.
The award will be given six times each academic year. A student may win the award once per academic year.
To nominate a student for the Student Staff Award, please complete this form by the appropriate deadline below.
Deadlines for 2014-2015 Academic Year:
- Nominations due by Monday, September 29, 2014 for September 2014 Award – announced on Wednesday, October 8th
- Nominations due by Monday, November 3, 2014 for October Award 2014 – announced on Wednesday, November 12th
- Nominations due by Monday, December 1, 2014 for November Award 2014 – announced on Wednesday, December 10th
- Nominations due by Monday, March 2, 2015, for February 2015 Award – announced on Wednesday, March 11th
- Nominations due by Monday, March 30, 2015 for March 2015 Award – announced on Wednesday, April 8th
- Nominations due by Monday, April 27, 2015 for April 2015 Award – announced on Wednesday, May 6th
Student Staff Award Recipients
- December 2013: Ty McTigue ’14
- February 2014: Katie Trausch ’14
- March 2014: Liz Malloy ’15
- April 2014: John Brady ’14