The Center for Service and Social Action (CSSA) Student Intern will support the detailed and logistical planning needs of the office, primarily by maintaining and updating service-learning data. This intern will gain valuable experience with data management systems. The student in this role will work as a valuable member of the CSSA team and additional duties and responsibilities will vary depending on the needs at any given time. A successful candidate will be a detail-oriented, self-motivated student who is passionate about service, and who has excellent Microsoft Excel skills.
- Updating and monitoring CSSA service attendance and registration data; providing input on improving processes.
- Supporting the collection and maintenance of accurate, up to date information; troubleshooting data entry as well as the sorting and cleaning of data
- Generating reports
- Assisting with CSSA workshops, one-time service opportunities, logistical errands, and special events
- Performing substitute and one time drives to service sites and monitoring the office front desk as needed
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously and actively clarifying instructions and expectations as needed; other duties as assigned
Internship Learning Objectives:
- (Cognitive Development) To develop 1) strong database management skills including data analysis and tracking and 2) increased understanding of best practices in service-learning and event management.
- (General Skill Development) To gain skill in planning, project management and communication in written, interpersonal and presentation formats.
- (Personal Growth and Development) To build self confidence in a professional setting in an office committed to student growth.
- GPA of 2.20 or higher.
- Academic status of sophomore or higher.
- 10-15 hours per week
- Internship may qualify for academic credit through a departmental internship requirement or through the Center for Career Services.
- Stipend to be provided.
Applications are due by Friday, March 22 at 11:59 PM!