If you’re interested in learning more about film studies in addition to your major, you may want to explore the film studies focus. Open only to majors or minors.
The focus offers both a study of film development and major advances with a focus on the rise of the American narrative style and its variations, major trends, films and individuals. It includes the choice of one of two international film studies and concludes with a film direction course in which the student produces several short films with a focus on story telling.
All of the following courses (12 credit hours)–
316. THE DOCUMENTARY IN FILM AND TELEVISION (3 cr.)
317. FILM AND COMMUNICATION (3 cr.)
396. SCREENWRITING (3 cr.) Prerequisite: permission of instructor.
399. FILM DIRECTING (3 cr.)
One of the following courses (3 credit hours)–
318. INTERNATIONAL FILM: SILENT TO MODERN ERA (3 cr.)
399. FILM AND IDENTITY IN JAPAN AND MEXICO (3 cr.)