This page contains links to various on-campus student organizations as well as links to websites that will be helpful to you as a Communications Major as you conduct your research.
John Carroll’s own Grasselli Library offers many electronic resources and databases for Communication students:
- Communication and Theatre Arts Subject Guide
- Communication Subject Guide
- Debate Subject Guide
- Film Subject Guide
- Journalism Subject Guide
- News Subject Guide
- Theatre Arts Subject Guide
- CO 100 Subject Guide
John Carroll Student Produced Media:
- John Carroll’s student newspaper, The Carroll News
- John Carroll’s student radio station, WJCU
- John Carroll’s student television program, JCTV
Regional Communication Associations:
The following are regional associations of communication scholars and professionals. Each organization hosts conferences or conventions to discuss recent study in the field of communication and the teaching of communication classes. Many communication professors and some students present papers at these conferences. Interested students should talk to their professors about the possibility of traveling to and/or presenting at these conferences. Their websites include information on upcoming conferences.
- Central States Communication Association (CSCA) (Our region)
- Eastern Communication Association (ECA)
- Southern States Communication Association (SSCA)
- Western States Communication Association (WSCA)
- This is the homepage of the National Communication Association (NCA). This includes information about the organization, conferences and their national convention. A highlight of the site is that it includes a directory of graduate programs in communication, which can be searched by state, area of concentration, etc.
National Communication Associations: