The NBC/John Carroll University Meet The Press Fellowship is awarded to a John Carroll University graduating senior motivated to pursue a career in political journalism.
The Fellowship is a nine-month (September – May) position at Meet The Press, NBC’s number one rated Sunday morning public affairs program and the longest running television program in the world. A stipend will be provided to the fellow to cover living expenses.
Where Are They Now?
- Andrew Rafferty ’09 – Senior Political Editor, newsy
- Joe Toohey ’10 – Reporter, Fox 5 (WNYW-TV New York)
- Kristen Jantonio ’11 – Communications Specialist, Destination Cleveland
- Emily Gaffney ’12 – Stark County District Library
- Dan Cooney ’13 – Senior Media Editor/Producer, PBS NewsHour
- Dale Armbruster ’14, ’17G – Presidential Communications Manager, John Carroll University
- Ashley Bastock ’15 – Sports Reporter, Toledo Blade
- Madeline Smanik ’16 – Communications & Public Relations Coordinator, U.S. News & World Report
- Mary Frances McGowan ’17 – Digital Media Researcher, NBC News Washington
- Ryan Brown ’18 – Meet the Press Fellow, NBC News Washington