Ranger Challenge is an enhanced training team which competes every year in various warrior tasks. The team is for those who strive for physical and mental toughness and are always looking for a challenge.
What are the benefits?
- Enhance your physical fitness.
- Recognition as an elite member of the ROTC community.
- Learn to operate as a team at all times.
- Acquire the ability to think and function under strenuous situations.
Physical Fitness Training will be extremely challenging. It will be held separate from the Battalion on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays. This training consists of both upper and lower body workouts, as well as endurance runs and fully equipped road marches.
The team trains three days a week and some Saturday mornings in order to master the skills required to execute the eight competitive events that take place in the Ranger Challenge Competition:
- Basic Rifle Marksmanship
- Land Navigation
- Weapons Assembly (M16A1 and M60 Machine Gun)
- Rope Bridge
- Hand Grenade Assault Course
- 10 km Road March
- Physical Fitness Test