Cable TV

Cable access is provided in each room for cable-ready television (a fully-integrated HDTV model (QAM) tuner TV with cable cord). See a list of the channels provided and learn how to program your TV.

Telephone Service

Over the past several years there has been a steady decline in the number of students utilizing the local phone service/voicemail provided in their residence hall room and an increase in the number of students using cell phones to make local calls. Because of this shift in usage, the local phone service provided in student rooms was discontinued on August 15, 2009. New courtesy phones were installed on every floor in each residence hall to enable students to make local calls when needed. The locations of these courtesy phones will be listed in your check-in folder.


In addition to the University’s wireless capabilities, which allow you to connect to the internet from anywhere on campus, every room is equipped with two network connections for full internet access. Click here for more details on the specific hardware that you would need to connect your computer.


John Carroll participates in the All-Included Laundry Program where the cost to wash and dry laundry is included in your room and board charges. Each residence hall is equipped with high-efficiency washers and dryers. This equipment will save hundreds of thousands of gallons of water every year at JCU. In addition to saving water, the new machines only require ¼ cup of liquid detergent per load, therefore also saving students on detergent costs.  Parents can also save money on energy use and water use at home if students do their laundry on campus rather than lugging it home on the weekends!

Please make sure to bring liquid laundry detergent to use in the machines. You can bring high efficiency detergent or regular liquid detergent. If you do not choose to bring high efficiency liquid detergent, please make sure to use only ¼ of the recommended amount of detergent for each load. Otherwise, there will be too many suds and the machine will not finish the cycle. Do NOT use the “3-in-1 Laundry Sheets” as they cause the machine to malfunction.


Coin-operated vending machines are located in each hall. The number of machines and selection of food products depends upon the size of the residence hall and the needs of its occupants. All vending machines are contracted by the University with local firms. If a machine is not functioning properly and needs service, contact the Office of Residence Life. If you lose money in a vending machine, please leave your name and the amount of money in the mailroom. As a matter of courtesy, please place an out-of-order sign on a machine which is not functioning properly.

U.S. Mail Service

Students may pick up mail in the mail room located off of the Atrium in the D.J. Lombardo Student Center. A box number is assigned to each resident on campus and should be used on all correspondence addressed to you. Your address should look like this:

1 John Carroll Blvd.
University Heights, OH 44118-4581

It is important that those corresponding with you do not include “P.O.” before your number so that mail is routed quickly and correctly. Problems with your mail service should be directed to the main mail room in the Administration Building.

Linen Program

Our residence hall rooms contain extra-long twin beds which require special linens to comfortably fit the mattresses. We have arranged to provide the opportunity to conveniently purchase these extra-long linens. You will receive a letter and order form in the mail in the summer that describes the products and special value packages that are available. Make sure you order by the deadline to ensure that you will receive your linens at home before you depart for campus. For more details or to place an order, please call 800.957.4338 or visit this page.

Air Conditioning Unit Request Form

In order to request an air conditioning unit for your residence hall room, you MUST have a diagnosed medical condition and physician statement.  Requests are approved by the Student Health Center.  For information, contact 216-397-4349 or email

Download Form


Parking Services is located on the Ground Floor of the D.J. Lombardo Student Center, Room #14.  For information on how to purchase a parking permit, permit types and fees, regulations and parking violation appeals, contact 216.397.CARS (2277) or email

Click here to access this information.


Shuttle Service
Regular shuttle service is provided between the Green Road Annex, University Square, and main campus. Additionally, the shuttle will provide transportation to and from the Rapid Transit station on Green Road by request by calling (216)397-2287.

The hours of operation are 7:15 a.m.-12:30 a.m. Monday through Thursday, Fridays 7:15 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., and Sundays 5:30 p.m. to 12:30 a.m.

“Do the Loop” Shuttle Service
The John Carroll Loop shuttle runs on Friday night from 7pm until 1am, Saturday from 12pm until 1am, and Sunday from 12pm until 6pm.  The shuttle leaves JCU in front of the Rec Plex in the Belvoir parking lot.  The 24-passenger fully- accessible bus is operated by Hopkins Transportation Services and will be designated as the John Carroll Loop shuttle.

The service is FREE to John Carroll University students upon presentation of current JCU ID.  Any questions about the shuttle service can be directed toward the Office of Student Activities, 216.397.4288 or

Van Fleet
All certified drivers operating vehicles in the University’s van fleet shall abide by all John Carroll University Van Fleet Policies and Procedures. Click Van Fleet Policies & Procedures to view them.

Only drivers who have gone through the Van Fleet Certification Process are permitted to reserve and operate vans. All vans reserved through the Office of Student Engagement are for official University activities only. For questions and/or assistance, please contact the Office of Student Engagement at 216.397.4288 or come to the office during normal business hours (8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.) in Suite 201 of the Lombardo Student Center.

Facilities Work Order

If a student has a maintenance or facilities request, they should place a Work Order through the Facilities Department online system, SchoolDude. Click here for more information and instructions on how to place a work order or to check on the status of a work order.