Hello! John Carroll University and the Office of Residence Life look forward to welcoming you to campus in August. In preparation for your move, please make sure you review your instructions regarding move-in on Wednesday, August 26, 2015 that you will receive in the mail.
In the mailing you will find:
- Your scheduled time to move into your hall.
- Information about what to do if you are unable to move in at your assigned time and how to complete a late arrival request.
- Information about how to make your move-in process as quick as possible to reduce congestion for yourself and others.
- A personalized parking pass to help us direct you to your building and correct unloading zone.
Arrival and Unloading Information
- Plan to enter campus from the main gate off Warrensville Center Circle and 1 John Carroll Boulevard, University Heights, 44118 (Use this address if utilizing GPS.). This will be the only gate you will be able to enter campus from that day.
- Plan on arriving to campus at your assigned time. We have carefully planned when people arrive to minimize congestion in the parking lots and hallways. Arriving at your assigned time will enable all to have proper access. Please understand that you will not be able to check in if you arrive before your scheduled time.
- Once you get to campus, you will be greeted at the front gate and directed toward one of four unloading zones (as indicated on the map you received in the mail; copies of maps can be downloaded to the right).
- Prior to arriving on campus, please make sure all of your belongings and boxes are labeled with your Name, Hall, Room, and Cell Phone Number. This will help us safely move your belongings to your room and speed up the unloading process.
- Once you pull up to the unloading zone, JCU students and staff will help you unload your car and move your belongings to your room. The driver of the vehicle should stay with the vehicle so that it can be moved out of the unloading zone as soon as everything has been unloaded. The student will be directed to the Hall Office to check in while their belongings will be moved to their room.
- Once the vehicle is unloaded, it should be driven from the unloading zone and can be parked on campus for the remainder of the day.
- Once you have received your keys, you can meet your roommate(s), unpack, and set up your room with your roommate(s).
Events on Campus for the Day
To help welcome you to campus and make your day more enjoyable there will be a variety of events and services taking place on campus for First Year students and their families.
- Einstein Bagels (8:00am until 2:00pm) and the Inn Between (11:00am until 6:00pm) will be open on campus for coffee, refreshments, and meals.
- The DonutLab will be giving away free donuts from 10:00am to noon on the Keller Commons.
- Water stations around campus will help you stay refreshed and hydrated.
- Be sure to wander around campus and find all the JCU Selfie locations.
- Take a break from moving-in and join us for free ice cream and meet faculty and staff at 1:00pm on the Keller Commons.
- The Bursar’s Office and the Office of Financial Aid will be open from 8:30am to 5:00pm. The Cashier’s Office will be open from 10:30am to 2:30pm and 3:30pm to 6:30pm.
- The Schott Dining Hall will be open from 7:00am until 8:00pm. $5 meals will be offered for Move-In Day. Students can use dining plans beginning at lunchtime on this day.
- We will have complimentary shuttles to Bed, Bath, and Beyond, Target, Macy’s, and other area shops and restaurants so that once you are parked, you will not need to move your car. The Shuttle will leave from the steps in front of the DeCarlo Center – Belvoir Exit Side.
Alternate Arrival Schedule
If you are on a list to arrive early to campus for a specific program or sport, please disregard the information included in the mailing as your move-in process will be coordinated and communicated to you through your program advisor or coach.
If you are unable to move in at your assigned time, we have a late arrival time of 2:00pm for Dolan, Pacelli, and Sutowski Halls and 2:30pm for Campion Hall. Please contact the Office of Residence Life (email@example.com) to request an alternate time.
We look forward to seeing you on campus in August and becoming part of the John Carroll residential community. If you have further questions about move-in, your room, or living on campus, please visit our Class of 2019 website or contact the Office of Residence Life at firstname.lastname@example.org or 216-397-4408.