Welcome to the residence halls at John Carroll University! The core of Residence Life is community and learning. Asking the questions “Who am I?” and “Who am I in relation to others?,” we strive to build strong communities where students are connected and engaged in learning that lasts a lifetime. Residence hall living presents students with opportunities to:
- Feel a sense of belonging and community and develop the whole person according to Jesuit tradition, “head and heart, intellect and feelings,” providing a desire to learn from every experience;
- Make daily choices that affect their health and safety;
- Explore differences and witness diversity of thought, perspective, and experience in action, and
- Engage in informed political and social action, rooted in personal responsibility as members of their communities.
Whether you have already confirmed your acceptance at John Carroll University or you have not yet made a decision, we hope the links to the left and below are helpful in providing more information on the opportunities available through residence living at JCU.
Helpful Links as you Begin the Housing Process:
- Step-By Step Guide to Housing Selection – Step-by-step instructions to guide you through signing your housing agreement, indicating personal preferences and living preference, selecting a dining plan, and requesting a roommate.
- Living Options – Explore all the housing options John Carroll is able to offer first-year students, find pictures, take virtual tours, note measurements of the rooms, and discover the unique characteristics of each building.
- Room and Board Rates – Learn about the cost of living on campus and the many meal plan options.
- What to Pack – Learn more about what you will need and what you can bring as you get ready to move to campus in the Fall.
- Frequently Asked Questions