Built in 1988, this building is one of the newest residence halls at John Carroll. Hamlin was dedicated on September 20, 1997, in honor of Richard M. Hamlin, a 1949 graduate. In 1995, Mr. Hamlin was named one of the “50 finest graduates” of the Boler School of Business. He attended Campion Jesuit Preparatory School in Wisconsin, served two years in the United States Navy, and then received a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration from John Carroll in 1949. Mr. Hamlin was appointed as a member of the John Carroll University Board of Trustees in 1988 and served on the Board’s Development and Nominating Committees. He was president and owner of The Richard M. Hamlin Construction Company, purchased the Hamlin Metal Products Company, and co-founded The Brenlin Group. Hamlin Hall, built in response to John Carroll’s increasing enrollment and the desire of students to live on campus, is the fourth residence hall built since 1977. This enabled JCU to house 66% of its students. The hall is equipped with a full kitchen, TV lounge and various study lounges that are available to all residents. It is located across from the main campus at John Carroll, Hamlin provides a co-ed community life for 8 of the 9 Greek communities on campus.


Hamlin Hall at-a-glance:

Greek communities

Furniture provided

Common areas and other building amenities

  • Each Greek community has their own secure floor with a lobby area, bathrooms, and Chapter Room
  • Located in the basement, there is a kitchen for residents as well as laundry and vending
  • The 3rd floor has a large common lobby with a piano that is used by all chapters for socializing and programming

Window treatments

  • Mini-blinds
  • Screens are provided for rooms on the ground floor (rooms 002-032). We recommend purchasing an expandable screen from your local home supply store for windows without screens.
  • Each room has at least two windows, side-by-side (photo & measurements)