Named after Thomas F. Dolan (1891-1972), founder and president of Dobeckmun Company. Mr. Dolan also served as a John Carroll University Trustee from 1949-1972 and as a Development Chairman. Dolan, along with Herbert Kennedy and Charles McCahill, were among those who carried out the drive for funds for Dolan Hall, which was completed in 1955. The Jesuit spirit brings to education a quest for God’s greater glory in the use of this world’s goods. This is evident in the motto “To the Greater Honor and Glory of God” inscribed above the front entrance of Dolan Hall. To the students the visibility of this motto serves as a constant reminder of the Jesuit tradition of “Men and Women for Others.” Dolan Hall was an all female residence hall from 1994-2006, but is now a continuing student co-ed hall of doubles on the basement, first and second floors and singles on the third floor.


Dolan Hall at-a-glance

Furniture provided

Common areas and other building amenities

  • Common lounge on the first floor has a large TV, piano, and vending machines.  The Kitchen on the first floor has a refrigerator, microwave, stove, oven, and space to sit and eat..

Window treatments

  • Mini-blinds
  • Screens are provided
  • Each room has a window (photo & measurements)
  • A 4’6″ tension rod can be used to hang draperies.