Originally known as South Hall, Millor Hall was completed in 1981 and dedicated on October 24, 1981. Although it is not known why it was called “South Hall,” it was renamed after Rev. William J. Millor, S.J., headmaster of residence halls for many years. Millor Hall, along with Sutowski Hall, was created in order to accommodate the influx of students wishing to live on campus in residence halls in the late 1970’s. This residence hall faces the interior of campus, on the quadrangle between Bernet and Pacelli Halls. Millor hall was the sixth student residence constructed and dedicated to Father Millor on June 10, 1982. The hall has air conditioning during the summer sessions, and access ramps, an elevator, and lavatory facilities for people with disabilities.
For the 2018-2019 Academic Year, Rising Sophomores who are STEM students or are members of a JCU Signature Program (Honors, Arrupe, or Leadership) are eligible to live on a Living Learning Community (LLC) floor. Sophomore LLCs will be housed in double-occupancy rooms on the second and third floors of Millor Hall. In order to live in an LLC both roommates must be members of the respective LLC which you are pursuing.
Millor Hall at-a-glance:
- Multi level beds (photo & measurements)
- Wardrobe (one per person)
- Dresser (one per person) (photo & measurements)
- Desk and chair (one per person) (photo & measurements)
- Bedside Drawers (one per person) (photo & measurements)
- Bookshelf (one per person) (photo & measurements)
- Wastebasket and recycling bin
Common areas and other building amenities
- Building has central air with individual control of the temperature in each room
- Large lounge with TV and table for studying on each level in the center of the building
- Each wing has a lounge with soft seating and study space
- Each wing has a study room
- Pool table located on the 2nd floor Center Lounge
- Laundry and vending machines in the basement
- Screens are provided for rooms on the ground floor (rooms 106-152). We recommend purchasing screen that can be cut and affixed over the window from your local home supply store for windows without screens.
- Each room has a double window with one side that opens (photo & measurements)