This pre-award site covers the idea-to-submission process for proposals. Topics include generating an idea, identifying funding opportunities, the approval process for grant submissions, commonly requested information for grant applications, and forms and policies.
The Office of Sponsored Research provides support and assistance to principal investigators and research staff as they prepare proposals for submission to external sponsors. We successfully assist faculty, staff and students with all pre-award activities, including:
- Finding funding opportunities
- Interpreting agency guidelines
- Completing sponsor specific forms
- Providing commonly requested institutional information
- Formatting proposal sections
- Preparing budgets, including cost share
- Securing institutional approval signatures
- Submitting proposals electronically
- Collaborating with partnering institutions
We encourage you to contact us early when planning and preparing external grant applications.