JCU IRB Forms
Even if you have submitted an application to the IRB in the past, please download a NEW form, template, or guideline with each new application. Our forms and other documents are often modified and updated as needed to comply with federal regulations and best practices.
IMPORTANT! Users must use Adobe Acrobat Reader whenever they read, edit, or submit any of our PDF forms!
Download the IRB Application here: IRB Application Form 2.0
- IMPORTANT! Before you begin, download and SAVE the form to your computer. It will be a PDF.
- Open the blank form in Adobe Acrobat Reader. Need Adobe Reader? Download it here: https://get.adobe.com/reader
- If you are using a JCU-owned desktop computer, Adobe Acrobat Reader can be found under the Start Menu.
- Using “Save As”, please give your application a unique name using the Principal Investigator’s name such as EmmaResearcher_IRB_Application.pdf.
- Always open, edit, and save your form in Adobe Reader. We have found that other PDF viewers do not work and will corrupt your file.
- Supporting documents can be attached in .doc, .pdf, .jpg, or any other common file format.
- The PI should submit the completed form by attaching it to an email and sending it to IRB@jcu.edu
A line-by-line tutorial for downloading and completing the IRB Application form is found here: IRB Application Directions
Other IRB Forms:
- IRB Revision Request Form (PDF Form, required use of Adobe Acrobat Reader!)
- Guidance for completing the Revision Request Form: Filing a Revision Request
- IRB Continuation Form (MS Word Document) (UPDATED April 2018)
- Guidance for Continuing Review: Continuing Review
Templates: JCU Sample Consent/Assent Documents
- JCU Adult Consent – Sample
- JCU Parental Consent – Sample
- JCU Child Minor Assent – Sample
- JCU Child Oral Assent – Sample
- JCU Study Information Sheet – Sample
JCU IRB Guidance & Policy
- John Carroll University IRB Policy (updated March 2018)
- Guide for Psych Pool Studies
- Sample Psych Pool Application (updated January 2017)
- Office of Human Research Protections (OHRP) website
- 45 CFR 46 (AKA “The Federal Regulations”)
- CITI Training
- IRB Historical Timeline