The Office of Sponsored Research handles compliance related to funded research, and some components of unfunded research, conducted by faculty, staff, and students. Other campus departments deal with compliance issues as well.
Compliance issues related to funded and unfunded research under the Office of of Sponsored Research include:
Compliance issues related to funded and unfunded research not under the Office of of Sponsored Research include:
- John Carroll Financial Management Practices (Controller’s Office)
- Occupational Health & Safety (handled by the Office of Regulatory Affairs & Risk Management)
- Chemical Safety
- Hazardous Waste Safety
Compliance issues related to sponsored projects agency requirements (in addition to those above) include:
- Misconduct in Science
- Conflicts of Interest/Commitment
- Anti-Lobbying Practices
- Federal/Agency-specific Financial Management Practices (OMB Circulars)
- Time & Effort Reporting
- Responsible Conduct of Research Training
For information on any compliance items, contact Carole Krus, Research Compliance Administrator.