Review Your Student Record
- Confirm that all programs of study are correctly noted; declare or un-declare majors and minors. Arts & Sciences forms here. Boler School of Business forms here. These forms should be completed and submitted to the appropriate academic department for processing.
- Your majors, concentrations and minors MUST be correct in Banner before you apply to graduate.
Complete the Graduation Application
- The graduation application is available in Banner Web for seniors with 83 or more credits.
- The graduation application is open from April 1st through September 20th for students wishing to graduate in the following year.
- Students should apply for the term in which they will complete degree requirements, not when they will participate in the commencement ceremony.
- Only complete the application once. If you are a double (or triple) major, you will submit the application only for your primary major program.
- To view the status of your application, click on View Graduation Application Status under Registration and Academic Services in BannerWeb.
Review Your Degree Evaluation
- Run a copy of your degree evaluation in BannerWeb (Instructions here).
- Meet with your advisor and/or chair to review your remaining degree requirements.
- Confirm approved program exceptions (substitutions, waivers, etc.) are notated on your degree evaluation; contact the Registrar’s Office to report discrepancies.
- Submit any requests for changes to your major, minor, or core course requirements via an Academic Petition.
- If you are completing a Self-Designed major/minor, please submit a copy of your approved major/minor contract to the Registrar’s Office for processing in Banner.
- If you are completing an Interdisciplinary major/minor and your degree evaluation is showing requirements as not met, complete a major/minor/concentration Audit Form, have it signed by the program coordinator/department chair and submit the form to the Registrar’s Office for processing in Banner.
- If you have taken (or plan to take) coursework elsewhere, be sure to send final official transcripts directly to the Registrar’s Office for processing. Transcripts that are hand-delivered will not be accepted as official. Note there are deadlines for receiving transcripts after the official graduation date that may impact your ability to graduate. Please contact the Registrar’s Office for more information.
- Complete the Diploma & Commencement Ceremony Information form: http://sites.jcu.edu/registrar/commencement-ceremony-information/
- Review information on the commencement ceremony and senior week here: http://sites.jcu.edu/commencement/
- If you have questions about your diploma or the commencement ceremony, please contact the Commencement Coordinator, Deanna DePenti at 216-397-4245 or firstname.lastname@example.org.