Certification of Enrollment/GPA/Class Rank/Degree
The Registrar’s Office is the official source for all student academic records. Upon written request, the Office will provide enrollment verifications of GPA, class rank, or degree for past and present students. It is the policy of the Registrar’s Office to verify enrollment for a future semester, only after the student has officially registered for that term. The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) requires a signed release from the student before providing non-directory information. Some examples of non-directory information are GPAs, specific number of credit hours enrolled, class rank, and Social Security number verifications.
The Registrar’s Office provides verifications for students and alumni at no cost. Normal turnaround time for processing verification requests is two business days. However, during peak request periods, it may take longer. Please allow for additional processing time.
Students who wish to apply for a verification of GPA, class rank, or degree may complete a request form in person in the Registrar’s Office (B102). They may also print out a Verification Request Form with their browser. If the browser cannot print the form, students may request a verification by signed letter. The request must be mailed or faxed to the Registrar’s Office. The Office fax number is 216.397.3049. Requests should include the following information:
- Complete name
- Banner ID or Social Security Number (SSN). Students should indicate if they wish to have their SSN included on the correspondence.
- Type of student (undergraduate student, graduate student, or graduate assistant).
- Anticipated graduation date.
- Specific instructions regarding the type of information to be released (for example, full-time status, half-time status, class rank, GPA, or good-student discount insurance eligibility).
- Location to which the verification should be mailed or faxed (address for mailing or the fax number if the certification is to be faxed). Students may also request that the verification be available for them to pick up in the Registrar’s Office.
- The policy holder’s name and contract number if this verification is to be sent to an insurance company and the verification is necessary to continue coverage on someone else’s policy.
- A daytime telephone number and/or email address in case we need to contact you.
- Student’s signature authorizing release of the information.