Information for Outside Audiences:
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) affords students certain rights with respect to their education records. “Directory information is…information contained in an education record of a student which would not generally be considered harmful or an invasion of privacy if disclosed.” (FERPA Regulations, Code of Federal Regulations, Title 34, Part 99.3). At its discretion, the University may refuse to release directory information. Detailed information regarding FERPA can be accessed here.
Directory Information at JCU
- Campus, local, home and email addresses
- Campus, local, home and cell telephone numbers
- Class year
- Year of graduation
- Degrees and awards received
- Date and place of birth
- Dates of attendance
- Full or part-time status
- Participation in officially recognized activities and sports
- Previous educational institution attended
- Weight and height of members of athletic team
Outside third parties (insurance companies, credit issuers, future employers, and the like), please contact the National Student Clearinghouse to verify enrollment or degree status of current and former students. The National Student Clearinghouse can be contacted at: email@example.com.