What facilities are available for use?
- Swimming Pool
- Corbo Fitness Center
- Racquetball Courts
- RecPlex Gym
- Suspended Jogging Track
- Tennis Courts
- Locker Rooms
What are the hours of operation?
- The hours of operation vary by facility, season, and day of the week. Be sure to check out the Hours of Operation page for the latest schedule, or call 216.397.1610.
What is the price of an Alumni Membership, and what does it include?
- The cost of an annual Alumni Membership depends on what year you graduated. If you graduated from John Carroll five years ago or less, the cost is $250 for an individual membership and $400 for a family membership. For an alumni who graduated more than five years ago, the cost is $300 for an individual membership and $450 for a family membership. All family memberships include spouse and children (under 25 and living at home). Memberships are for a period of one year and give you access to all recreational facilities at John Carroll University.
May I bring a guest?
- Guest of students (including friends, siblings, parents, and other family members) must pay $8. Students may bring up to two guests per visit.
- Alumni Members, not on a family plan, may sponsor up to two guests at a cost of $8 each.
- Faculty, staff, and administrators may bring in family members (spouses, dependent children ages 16-25, and parents) free of charge. FSAs are allowed to bring up to two family members per visit. All other guests of FSAs must pay $8.
- All guest(s) must be accompanied by the member while they are in the facility.
- All guests must provide a photo ID and sign a waiver.
If I attended John Carroll University but didn’t graduate, can I still be eligible for an Alumni Membership?
- No. You must have graduated from John Carroll to be eligible for an Alumni Membership.
May I use the John Carroll Recreation facilities if I live in the community?
- We only offer a membership to the University Heights/Shaker Heights community during the summer and winter breaks. See our membership page for more details.
Can I drop off my children to use the facilities?
- All children under age 16 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times when using the recreation center.