The following are the Policies and Procedures for the Personal Training Program. If you have further questions regarding a policy or procedure listed, please feel free to contact the Graduate Assistant at 216.397.1785.
Personal Training Policies and Procedure
- Registration for Personal Training can only occur at the Rec desk in person
- We accept cash or check (payable to John Carroll University).
- All participants are required to fill out a Par-Q, Client Trainer Agreement, Medical History form, and registration paperwork. The paperwork should be completed and brought to their first session where they will be assessed.
- The Recreation Department Reserves the right to request a Physician’s Clearance Form before a patron can participate in any program.
- Fitness Assessments will be given at the beginning of the first training session.
- Being on time is crucial; many times we are fully booked and are not able to run over your allotted time. If you are more than 15 minutes late, the trainer will leave, and you will be charged for that session.
- The Recreation Department reserves the right to adjust the schedule. The participant will be notified by telephone under such circumstances.
- Personal Training packages can only be used by the specific person or group of individuals it was purchased for.
- No refunds will be issued for cancellation by the participants.
- A full refund will be issued for all programs cancelled by the Recreation Department.
- Cancellation of Personal Training Sessions must occur 24 hours prior to the start of the session by contacting your trainer.
- All sessions must be completed within one year of the purchase date.
- Purchased one-hour sessions must not be split into half-hour sessions.
- Clients are responsible for contacting the trainer if he/she will be more then five minutes late. Trainers are responsible for waiting 15 minutes for late arrivals. Clients will only receive the remaining portion of their session.
- If a trainer is late for a session, the time is owed to the client. This may be done during that particular session or time should be added to a future session.
- If a trainer must cancel an appointment that session is owed to the client. An effort will be made to reschedule the appointment as soon as possible.
- If a trainer is late or does not show up to an appointment, the time will be made up free of charge to the client.
- Participants should wear clothes suitable for exercise and adhere to all department dress code policies.
Other Information You Should Know
- Begin each Personal Training session by meeting your trainer outside of the Corbo room entrance in the recreation center (bottom floor, across form Varsity Gym).
- If at any time you are not satisfied with the trainer you have, please contact the Graduate Assistant for Recreation and Fitness at 216.397.1785.
- Clients are not permitted to bring other individuals with them to the sessions unless they are participating in a group session.