Degrees: Ph.D., Illinois Institute of Technology
Fall 2015 Courses
PS 226-51 DRUGS & BEHAVIOR M W F 9:00 – 9:50 am
PS 326-51 PSYCHOBIOLOGY M W F 8:00-8:50 am
PS 386-51 MIND, BRAIN AND BEHAVIOR T R 9:30 – 10:45 am
PS 426-51 PSYCHOPHARMACOLOGY M W F 9:00 – 9:50 am
Fall 2015 Office Hours
M W 10:00 am-12:00 pm
T 11:00 am – 12:00 pm; 1:00 – 2:00 pm
Other times by appointment
- Circadian rhythms
- Neuroendocrinological bases of behavior
Recent Research Publications
Murphy, H. M., Ihekoronze, C., & Wideman, C.H. (2011) Zolpidem-induced changes in activity, metabolism and anxiety in rats. Pharmacology, Biochemistry and Behavior, 98, 81-86.
Wideman, C.H. & Murphy, H.M. (2009) Constant light induces alterations in melatonin levels, food intake, feed efficiency, visceral adiposity, and circadian rhythms in rats. Nutritional Neuroscience, 12, 233-240.
Wideman, C. H., Nadzam, G. R., & Murphy, H. M. (2005) Implications of an animal model of sugar addiction, withdrawal and relapse for human health. Nutritional Neuroscience, 8, 269-76.
Murphy, H. M., Wideman, C. H., & Nadzam, G. R. (2003) A laboratory animal model of human shift work. Integrative Physiological & Behavioral Science, 38, 316-28.
Murphy, H. M., Wideman, C. H., Aquila, L. A., & Nadzam, G. R. (2002)Telemetry provides new insights into entrainment of activity wheel circadian rhythms and the role of body temperature in the development of ulcers in the activity-stress paradigm. Integrative Physiological & Behavioral Science, 37, 228-241.
Murphy, H. M., Wideman, C. H., & Nadzam, G. R. (1998). The role of vasopressin in modulating circadian rhythm responses to phase shifts.Peptides, 19, 1191-1208.
- Eastern Colleges Science Conference
- American Association for the Advancement of Science
- Association for Psychological Science – Charter Member (Formerly, American Psychological Society)
- Faculty for Undergraduate Neuroscience
- International Behavioral Neuroscience
- International Brain Research Organization
- International Society of Psychoneuroendocrinology
- International Union of Physiological Sciences
- Kappa Gamma Pi
- Midwestern Psychological Association
- New York Academy of Sciences
- Ohio Academy of Science
- Psychonomic Society
- Society for Behavioral Neuroendocrinology
- Society for Neuroscience
- Society for Research on Biological Rhythms
- Society for the Study of Ingestive Behavior
- Society of Heart-Brain Medicine – Charter Member
- The International Neuropeptide Society – Charter Member
- World Federation of Neuroscientists