Degrees: B.A., The American University in Cairo; M.A., Ph.D., West Virginia University
Expertise: Experimental Analysis of Behavior
No Spring 2016 Courses
Spring 2016 Office Hours
by appointment only
Imam, A. A., & Blanche, J. V. (2013). Effects of a CARO on stimulus equivalence: A systematic replication. Psychological Record, 61,141-156.
Imam, A. A. (2009). The shaping of a saint-president: Latent clues from Nelson Mandela’s autobiography. Behavior and Social Issues, 18, 1-37.
Imam, A. A. (2006). Experimental control of nodality via equal presentations of conditional discriminations in different equivalence protocols under speed and no-speed conditions. Journal of the Experimental Analysis of Behavior, 85, 107-124.
Imam, A. A. (2003).Assessing transfer of response speed and nodality via conditional discriminations. Experimental Analysis of Human Behavior Bulletin, 21, 1-7.
Imam, A. A. (2001). Speed contingencies, number of stimulus presentations, and the nodality effect in equivalence class formation.Journal of the Experimental Analysis of Behavior, 76, 265-288.
Widholm, J. J., Silberberg, A., Hursh, S. R., Imam, A. A., & Warren-Boulton, F. R. (2001).Stock optimizing in choice when a token deposit is the operant.Journal of the Experimental Analysis of Behavior, 76, 245-263.
- Grauel Faculty Fellowship Recipient (2015-2016)
- Postdoctoral Fellow (Behavioral Pharmacology) Rutgers University, Brunswick, NJ, 1990
- Postdoctoral National Research Council Associate (Behavioral Economics) Walter Reed Army Institute of Research, Washington, DC, 1990-1993
- Lecturer, University of Abuja, Abuja, Nigeria, 1996
- Assistant Professor, American University of Beirut, Beirut, Lebanon, 1996-2000
- American Psychological Association (member, 2004)
- American Psychological Association, Division 25 (affiliate, 1988-1990; member, 2003)
- American Psychological Association, Division 2 (member, 2004)
- American Psychological Society (charter member)
- Association for Behavior Analysis (member)