Applications for Spring 2016 internships are due soon.
- The various tracks likely to be available include art therapy, music therapy, speech & language pathology & classroom/behavioral
- Work alongside health care professionals in the field of autism
- Learn about the visual-language based Monarch Model for treating autism.
- Work with language/speech pathologists, physical therapists, art therapist.
- Teach children how to generalize skills taught
- Accepted internship students may receive TWO hours of course credit by enrolling in PS 487: Practicum in Child & Family Studies.
- Students enrolled in PS 262: Adolescent Development OR PS 455: Child and Adolescent Psychopathology during the Spring 2016 semester may use this internship as the required service learning component of the course.
- This internship requires a total of 6 hours each week during the Spring 2016 semester, and must be between the hours of 9am-3pm.
- Times can be broken into two 3 hour segments. (for example: Mondays 1-3pm and Wednesdays 9am-12pm)
Questions?? Tracy Masterson, Ph.D., firstname.lastname@example.org
Application can be found here.