- Work with foster parents and youth ages 14-18 in foster care placement who present with emotional difficulties.
- Co-facilitate groups that assist foster youth with self-esteem, emotion regulation, and self-care.
- Examples of Activities:
- Day – Shadowing caseworkers on their day-to-day interactions with foster children (ex: court, home visits, school meetings, office tasks, weekly psychiatrist meeting)
- Evening – Foster Parent Cluster meetings/trainings, Teen Group Nights, monthly projects, shadowing foster recruiter
- Accepted internship students may receive THREE hours of course credit by enrolling in PS 487: Practicum in Child & Family Studies
- This internship requires a total of at least 10 hours each week during the Fall 2014 semester.
- Segments can be broken up throughout the week, but it is best to make it in several hour increments. (ex: M/W 4-8pm & T/R 9am-12pm)
All applications are due by
Thursday, October 2 at 12:00 pm
Questions? Denise Ben-Porath, Ph.D., email@example.com