The Mandel Foundation has again awarded John Carroll University $25,000 to further a climate of inclusiveness on campus. Funds are available to individuals and groups who will assist us in raising awareness, building respect for others and creating and promoting a culture of inclusiveness. Programs funded by the Mandel Grants must be implemented in either the Fall or Spring Term. Important note: Review of applications will begin on October 22, 2013 and will continue until the funds are allocated.
Students, faculty, staff and administrators, as well as student organizations, departments and offices are encouraged to submit Grant Proposals for creative and innovative activities and programs to help further a climate of inclusiveness on the JCU campus. The grants will support projects such as, but not limited to, campus programs, outreach activities, exhibits, performances, hosted discussion groups, student research projects, symposia, on campus training and development opportunities, cross-cultural dialogues and campus community events.
Please submit applications to Dr. Jonathan Smith, Chair of the Taskforce at email@example.com. Review of proposals will begin on October 22, 2013 and continue until all grant monies have been allocated.
Please contact any member of the Mandel Grant Review Committee with questions:
- Dr. Lauren Bowen, Associate Academic Vice President, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ms. Sparkle Smith, student representative, email@example.com
- Dr. Graciela Lacueva, Chair of Physics, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Mark McCarthy, Vice President for Student Affairs, email@example.com
A clear, detailed description of the proposed project is necessary, along with specific, well-defined and measurable goals
Proposals should be in the general range of $200.00 to $4,000.00. Project activities must be completed by by May 2, 2014; however, all incomplete, but funded, projects must submit a progress report on December 1, 2013. A final evaluation report detailing the outcomes of the implemented project is due upon project completion. All reports must be submitted no later than May 2, 2014.
Request for Proposals
John Carroll University Mandel Initiative for Conversation and Inclusion Grant Application
Section I: Cover Page
- Specific title of project:
- Person/Organization proposing this project (list ALL individuals/areas involved, please):
- Contact person:
- I am a: Student___ Faculty___ Staff___ Administrator___
- Campus Address
- Campus phone
- E-mail address
- Other major participants (include co-sponsors and other community partners):
- Proposed date(s) of project (if known):
- Amount of funds requested:
- The project will involve (check all that apply): ___Students ___Faculty ___Staff ____Administrators ___Others
Section II: Executive Summary of Project (Please limit to about 500 words).
Section III: Proposal
Please complete each item in this section in as much detail as your present state of planning permits:
- Type of project, its purpose and intended audience.
- Expected outcomes. How will your project contribute promoting inclusion on campus?
- Project activities and participants or beneficiaries. Include the timeline of activities.
- How will you measure the success of your project? All applications must include an evaluation procedure.
- What is the total cost of this project? Include the amount(s) and source(s) of other support for this project if known. Please provide a budget summary for this project.
- Additional information: Please provide endorsement(s) if the current project involves a partnership with organizations, departments or offices.
Completed proposals must be submitted to the Office of the President c/o Dr. Jonathan Smith, Vice President and Executive Assistant to the President, firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of proposals begins on October 22, 2013 and will be considered until all funds have been allocated.
Thank you for your commitment to creating an inclusive community where differing points of view and experience are valued as opportunities for mutual learning.