July 6, 2018
To members of the John Carroll University Community:
I am very pleased to share the news that Stephanie Levenson, M.Ed., currently executive director of admission at Elmhurst College in Illinois, has accepted our offer to become JCU’s new vice president for enrollment management. Stephanie will join our community on August 27, 2018.
In the spring, we launched a national search to fill this critical role. Stephanie’s appointment reflects the search committee’s dedication to finding a leader who will have a major impact on John Carroll’s enrollment management goals. I am grateful to the co-chairs, retired interim provost Dr. Nick Santilli and vice president for mission and identity Dr. Ed Peck, and to every member of the committee (names below) for the thoughtfulness they brought to the search.
Stephanie is an enrollment management leader with more than twenty years of experience in undergraduate recruitment, marketing, and financial aid strategies. She has the operational expertise and leadership style to empower her team to navigate the complex process of recruiting high-achieving, talented students who are the right fit for JCU. At Elmhurst College, her achievements included increasing the average first-year class size by 160% over an eight-year period, and recruiting the largest incoming class of first-year and transfer students in the College’s history.
Stephanie also shares a deep commitment to our Jesuit values. Her approach to enrollment is driven by student outcomes and care for the whole person. She is a graduate of Loyola University Chicago and previously served there as senior assistant director of admission.
Please join me in welcoming Stephanie into our community.
Michael D. Johnson, Ph.D.
Members of the Search Committee for the Vice President for Enrollment Management:
- Dr. Nicholas Santilli, retired Interim Provost (co-chair)
- Dr. Edward Peck, Vice President for Mission and Identity (co-chair)
- L. Edwin Carreon, Associate Director of Residence Life
- Richard Day, Assistant Vice President of Development
- Mark Fino, Head Swimming & Diving Coach
- Dennis Hareza, Executive Vice President and CFO
- Angela Jones, Associate Professor of Psychology and Director of JCU Honors Program
- Natalie Mazanowski, Vice President for Marketing and Interim Vice President for Enrollment
- Kristopher Tibbs, Assistant Dean for Graduate Business Programs
- Dr. Andrew Welki, Associate Professor and Chair of Economics and Finance
- Claudia Wenzel, Assistant Vice President for Student Enrollment and Financial Services