John Carroll University’s Pre-Pharmacy Program has a strong record of graduates successfully obtaining PharmD degrees from several different universities. For example, every student who has graduated from JCU and entered a PharmD program thus far has graduated and passed the NAPLEX board exam.
Pharmacy is a very rewarding—and very competitive—career that offers great jobs, great benefits, and interesting work. Students who pursue careers in pharmacy typically have interests in chemistry, biology, and math, as well as the desire to improve people’s health and to solve problems. Dependability, organization, a keen eye for detail, and strong communication skills are also essential.
- What should I be doing to get into a PharmD program?
- Careers in Pharmacy
- JCU Pre-pharmacy Club
- PharmD Programs
- JCU/LECOM Early Acceptance Program for Medical, Dental, and Pharmacy School
- NEOMED Guaranteed Interview Agreement
- In conjunction with the new Intro to Pharmacy class (CH195), link here for the Introduction to Pharmacy at Ohio State University for syllabi and other course materials. Also, congratulations to Dr. Hale who teaches this course for us for earning the 2013 Linwood F. Tice Friend of APhA-ASP Award. According to the American Pharmacists Association, this award recognizes an individual whose long-term services and contributions have benefited the American Pharmacists Association Academy of Student Pharmacists (APhA-ASP). The link to the full story can be found here.
- Congratulations to Keti Sulaj on her acceptance into the Ohio State University School of Pharmacy and Kristina Shkolnik into NEOMED School of Pharmacy!
- Congratulations to one of our recent graduates, Brigid Long, on her APhA Award which recognizes student pharmacists who have gone above and beyond to help patients understand the importance of their medications and how to take them effectively.
Dr. David Mascotti, Ph.D.