Associate Professor of Political Science
Degrees: B.A., University of Michigan-Ann Arbor; M.A., Ph.D., University of Wisconsin-Madison
Expertise: Conflict Processes; International Security; African Politics; Visualization & Analysis of Complex Large Datasets; Ideation for Hard Problems
- Jen Ziemke, (Ph.D., Political Science, University of Wisconsin-Madison), is Associa
te Professor of International Relations at John Carroll University, teaching courses at the intersection of research methodology, international security, and conflict processes. Dr. Ziemke engages a number of national and international institutions on ideation for a diverse set of hard problems, such as how citizen reporting from live conflict events shapes the nature of the battle space in real time. She is currently exploring how multimodal data perceptualization (visual & audio) can be leveraged to help understand and peripherally monitor large, unstructured, temporal datastreams. She is also Co-Founder & Co-Director of the International Network of Crisis Mappers, Co-Curator of the International Conference on Crisis Mapping (ICCM) series & serves on the Board of Directors for the Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC).
- Dr. Jen Ziemke also delivered a TED Talk on how data helps us understand conflict – it was published in December of 2016. To view her TED Talk, please click here.
Fall 2018 Course Schedule
- PO 103-51 International Relations
T R, 11:00 am – 12:15 pm
- PO 103-53 International Relations (Honors)
T R, 3:30 pm – 4:45 pm
- PO 200-51 Introduction to Methods
T R, 2:00 pm – 3:15 pm