Some political science majors choose to pursue an additional major to complement their political science degree. Double majors are permitted at John Carroll, providing that the student is accepted as a major by both departments.

Students pursuing a double major are assigned an advisor in each department to help ensure that they meet all requirements for both majors. Most frequently, political science majors seek another degree from the College of Arts and Sciences, although this is not required. Regardless of their choice of degrees, double majors are awarded only one degree upon their completion of all requirements. Consequently, some double majors have to choose between the B.A. and B.S. degree.

For information concerning how to formally declare a political science major as one of two formally declared majors, please contact the Political Science Department at 216.397.4311.