The PJHR minor will consist of 21 credit hours, with the following requirements
1) A student must take the following three courses:
- PJHR 101 – Introduction to Peace, Justice and Human Rights (3 credit hours). Course will introduce the relevant concepts, history, and methods necessary for the field of study.
- PJHR 375 Internship Class (3-6 credit hours) – – Locations and course requirements to be developed by the Director and the Advisory Committee. This requirement may also be satisfied by 1) taking the JCU Summer Institute Course on Peace-Building and Conflict Transformation, or 2) participation in appropriate service learning course or experience. The Director will approve these two alternatives on a case-by-case basis. Normally this course would be done in the Junior year, but with approval it could be done at other times.
- PJHR 401 – Capstone class in Peace, Justice and Human Rights (3 credit hours). Course specifics to be developed by the Director and the Advisory Committee. Expectation is that the course will include a research paper which demonstrates knowledge of the field and of the relevant methods associated with the field.
2) Students must take at least four additional 3-credit courses (normally from at least two different departments/disciplines). Please see the Courses Tab for the list of approved courses.