We encourage our majors to participate in summer research projects or internships. The National Science Foundation (NSF) provides a list of universities who participate in the Research Education for Undergraduate (REU) program in which students spend a summer performing research in areas such as physics, engineering, biophysics, computer science, and many more. Students may also find paid internships with engineering and technical companies. In addition, there are opportunities for research on campus with physics department faculty.
Below are some places that our students have gone for physics research or an engineering internship.
- Case Western Reserve University
- Cornell University
- Indiana University
- NASA Glenn Research Center
- Lewis’ Educational and Research Collaborative Internship Project (LERCIP)
- University Affairs – Resources for faculty and students to collaborate with scientists and engineers at Glenn Research Center
- Purdue University – Biophysics
- West Virginia University