SALE OF THE FALL 2018 PARKING PERMITS
The price of the Fall 2018 permits will go on sale Monday, July 23, 2018 at 9 AM. The price of a JCU Resident, JCU Commuter, Freshman Commuter and Green Road Permit (Sophomores only) will be $150 for the Fall Semester. The price of an Evening Permit will be $60 for the Fall Semester. The price of the permits will increase by $25 on Friday, August 24, 2018 at 5 PM.
Freshman Residents must apply between Wednesday, July 18th (9 AM and Sunday, August 5, 2018 5:00 PM). Should more than 100 students apply, a “lottery” will be used to select the 100. Those selected and those not selected will be notified by email by Wednesday, August 8th. A process to grant parking for those with exceptional circumstances is outlined on the Parking website: http://sites.jcu.edu/parking/.
Freshman Commuters may apply beginning Wednesday, July 18th at 8 AM. There is not cut off date for the Freshman Commuters to purchase a permit.
All Permits will be available for pick up from the Parking Office (JCU Police Department) beginning the week of August 20th. The Office hours for the week of August 20th will be 9 AM until 4:30 PM.
During the first two weeks of classes (the weeks of August 27th and September 3rd), the JCU Parking Office will have extended hours. For both weeks the office hours will be Monday thru Thursday from 9 AM until 6:30 PM. Friday hours will be 9 AM until 4:30 PM. Please remember that Monday, September 3rd is a Holiday and the Office will be closed.
DO NOT THROW AWAY YOUR HANG TAG. Replacement cost is $50.
STUDENT PARKING PERMIT IMPORTANT DATES (PERMITS WILL NOT BE MAILED):
Please use the following steps once you have access to Banner Self Serve:
- Have a valid credit card/debit card and all vehicle identification information on hand prior to entering the website. Parking permits can be purchased only using a debit or credit card (make sure the credit card on hand is valid). The vehicle information you will need is: license plate number and state, the make, model, color and year of the vehicle you are registering.
- When you have your credit/debit card and your vehicle identification information on hand select “Enter Secure Area.”
- Enter your Banner Number and Pin then click Log In.
- The next Banner screen will welcome you and list several different options with the last one being Parking Permit. Select “Parking Permit” which will bring you to “‘MyParking at John Carroll University.”
- On the left side of the page select “Apply for a Permit” and proceed through the process.
- A student may register only one vehicle. He/She must be the owner or the primary operator of that vehicle and may not register the vehicle of another student.
- Once you have chosen from the list of available permits and have filled in all vehicle identification information you will arrive at a page that says “Pay now with credit card.”
- The screen will say “Pay By Credit Card” – You will now leave the MyParking site at John Carroll University and be taken to Authorize.net to pay by credit card. Complete the credit/debit card process as you would any other web based credit/debit card purchase process. When you are finished, you will be returned to MyParking so that you can print out your temporary parking permit.
- If unable to print the temporary permit, please try from another printer and computer. The ability to print a temporary permit does not mean your payment has actually processed. Please verify with your credit card company several days after applying to confirm that the payment did process.
- 2 -3 days after your purchase, please confirm with your bank account or credit card statement that the payment has been processed.