The Police Department at John Carroll University is primarily responsible for ensuring the safety of all persons living, working or visiting the University. This requires considerable attention to regulating the flow of traffic and the appropriate use of parking.
The Parking Office coordinates all campus parking functions, including:
- Providing information, assistance, and direction to anyone parking on campus.
- Issuing parking permits to students, faculty, staff, and visitors.
- Enforcing parking rules and regulations, and coordinating parking services for campus events.
- A student may register only one vehicle. The student must be the owner (family or individually owned) or the primary operator of that vehicle (family vehicle) and may not register the vehicle of another student. Parking permits are not transferable between persons.
- We have developed rules and regulations to help govern traffic and parking on University property. Adherence to these rules will facilitate the safe and efficient use of parking areas and roadways around campus. Please read the following regulations carefully. If you have questions please call the JCU Parking Office at 216.397.2277 or 216.397.1234 after hours.
To call for the JCU Shuttle Service which runs Sunday evening through Friday evening, please call 216-397-2287.
The JCU Rules and Regulations are still enforced at all times.
Please click on the link below to see the parking arrangements.
During the First Week of Classes and Exam Week all vehicles must have a valid Parking Permit. Parking Enforcement will be in effect at all times during the Academic School Year.
Parking on the weekend is limited to the general parking areas (not Reserved Spaces, Belvoir Lot, Pacelli Lot, Boler School of Business or Rodman Lot, or Faculty/Staff spaces). Open Parking is in effect on weekends, during the holiday breaks, and during the summer.
SPRING 2019 PARKING PERMIT UPDATE
The sale of Spring 2019 Parking Permits go on sale Monday, November 26th. The price of the permit will increase on Friday, January 11, 2019 at 5 PM by an additional $25.
Effective Monday, November 26, 2018 the sale of the SPRING 2019 parking permit will go on sale. The JCU Commuter, JCU Resident, Freshman Commuter and Green Road Annex permits will be priced at $150 for the Spring Semester. The Evening permit will be priced at $60 for the Fall Semester. The permit price will increase on all permits on Friday, January 11th at 5 PM by an additional $25.
The Parking Office will have extended hours during the first two weeks of classes (January 14 and January 21st), for students to pick up their permanent permit. During the first two weeks of classes, the Parking Office will be open Monday through Thursday from 9 Am to 6:30 PM and Friday from 9 AM until 4:30 PM. Please remember that Monday, January 21st is a Federal Holiday and the Parking Office will not be open.
Do NOT discard your hang tag. The cost to replace the hang tag is $50 plus the cost of the Fall 2018 permit. A new validation sticker will be provided to those that currently have a hang tag. Any student applying for their first Parking Permit will obtain a hang tag along with a validation sticker. PERMITS WILL NOT BE MAILED
Go to: http://sites.jcu.edu/parking/ for more information and to purchase your permit.
Remember, the purchase of a parking permit does not guarantee a parking space.
A student may register only one vehicle. He/She must be the owner or the primary operator of that vehicle and may not register the vehicle of another student.
All vehicles must be parked within the yellow painted lines marking parking spaces. Motorcycles, motorbikes, and motor scooters are subject to the same regulations as automobiles.
During the academic year, the campus is accessed through the entrance on Carroll Blvd between 7 a.m. and 10 p.m. Monday through Thursday, and 7 to 5 p.m. Friday through Sunday. The Belvoir Boulevard entrance is open overnight between 5 p.m. and 9 a.m. Monday through Thursday and opens at 5 p.m. Friday until 9 a.m. Monday for weekends.